The web offers many great reference sites you may find interesting:
General Information about Cats
- Cat Fanciers Association – Caring for Cats
- Cat Friendly Homes-Learn about our process of becoming an official Gold Level Cat Friendly Practice as well as tips for cat ownership.
- Kansas Humane Society – Cat Tips
Pets in Crisis – An Animal Safe-House fostering program. (view brochure.pdf)
This program, started by Dr. Jones, helps women being abused at home foster their pet(s) while staying at a Women’s shelter. While at the shelter, the animal is placed in a loving home where it will be cared for. (This service is free)
National statistics show that a great percentage of women will refuse or delay leaving their home due to a pet being left behind with an abuser. The fear being that the abuser will use the animal to continue controlling the victim.
Veterinary Schools & Technical Colleges
- KSU College of Veterinary Medicine – information on veterinary education programs: Manhattan, KS
- Colby Community College Veterinary Programs – information on veterinary education programs: Colby, KS