If your cat is ill or injured, we can provide the necessary tests, such as in-house blood testing or x-rays to determine the cause and severity of the problems.
Some of our state of the art medical equipment includes:
- Tonometer – this equipment painlessly and safely screens your cats eyes for glaucoma. Glaucoma is frequently undiagnosed and can very quickly lead to blindness and pain in a cat. By early detection, we have a better chance of saving your cats vision.
- Doppler Blood Pressure – high blood pressure is very common and frequently under-diagnosed in older cats. This equipment can help us determine if a cat is at risk and initiate treatment before serious problems (such as stroke, blindness and death) occur. This procedure takes only a few minutes to complete and is completely pain-free.
- Flexible Endoscope – our endoscope is specifically designed for cats. It makes it easy for us to take a look inside your cat’s stomach, esophagus and intestines to retrieve foreign bodies and obtain biopsies without having to perform surgery.
- Rigid Endoscope – this is very small and the latest technology. Small enough to see into the nasal passages of an adult cat and inside the bladder of a female cat – no incision required.
- X-Rays – Digital radiology helps us take clear pictures of your cat so that we can accurately diagnose problems.